Thursday, June 07, 2007
Purple Update
The latest in Purple, since it's been awhile...

I got the Rainbow Dusseldorf 1976 CD set. Another great performance from the band's peak era. Recommended. I also picked up Gillan's Future Shock. A bit of a letdown compared to the other Gillan studio albums I've picked up, but not bad, really.

This week I preordered the CD and DVD for They All Came Down To Montreux. It will be nice to finally have an official Mark VIII release. I'll post my thoughts when it comes in.

Finally, it was cool to read about the record setting performance of "Smoke On The Water" in Kansas City this week. Always nice to see the DP name out in the mainstream press, even if there's no mention that it's still a vital and ongoing band.
 
posted by Matthew Turnage at 1:10 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: