Saturday, March 03, 2007
Writer, write me out a blog
Ever listen to a song you're very familiar with, and find that for some reason it just hits your ear in a different way?

I had that experience last night while listening to DP's self-titled third LP in my car. "The Painter" came on, which I've heard dozens of times before, and for some reason I found that Richie's guitar work on that track really impressed me in a way I hadn't noticed before. Maybe I'd been more focused on Rod's vocals or Jon's organ in previous listens, I don't know. Anyway, my appreciation for this song is at a new level. That's one of the joys of music for me. You can listen to a song for years and still find things you like about it you'd never really thought about much before.
 
posted by Matthew Turnage at 5:43 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: